Sunday, July 04, 2010

Bug & Lala


Baby Bug got to give Lala a bottle!

When the (older) girls were born, they told us to wait 6 weeks before trying to give them a bottle, to make sure breastfeeding was well established and to avoid "nipple confusion."

Well, the end result was that "nipple confusion" was the least of our worries.  There was no opportunity for confusion - they wanted nothing to do with any nipple except mine.

This time I got hold of a great book: Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child.  The author suggests giving baby one bottle each day so that they will take breast OR bottle, to give mom a break.

Natalie couldn't wait to volunteer. :)  And not only did the baby take the whole bottle, she will even take a bottle from ME.  Nipple confusion my eye.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

second. best. book. ever. :) so glad to hear things are going well!

Anonymous said...

Lilah looks so alert! I am jumping out of my skin in anticipation of meeting her. I can't wait. Natalie is sooooo beautiful. Give them all a big kiss for me.
Daddy