Friday, July 04, 2008





Sometime during the night both girls ended up in bed with me. I became aware of the occasional [frequent] knee, elbow, or foot in my back, and when I got up, I saw why. There they were, sleeping like a pile of puppies, with Rooney sideways and all snuggled up with Baby, who didn't appear to mind [be conscious.] Hence my sore back.

We went to Lake Acworth Beach yesterday for a playdate with some kids from church. Jesse takes the girls to that lake all the time, but on the boat. I had no idea that they had a wonderful little white sand beach, where the water was shallow and the kids could play within arm's reach while the moms sat in lawn chairs with our feet in the water and chatted (and there was no charge, not even for parking!) We had a great time and the girls did not want to come home. However, I forgot the camera. I grimaced as I was walking down the beach and realized my mistake, because I know I promised pictures!! In my defense, I took lots with my cell phone - then I couldn't find the USB cable for the phone to load them to the computer. BUT, there is hope, Leia Taylor had her camera and told me she would email me any pics she got with the girls. In the meantime, we will definitely do that again, so stay tuned, eventually, there will be pictures!

And finally, I know this country isn't perfect, but I am so grateful that I live here. My life is so easy - I live in luxury compared to MOST of the people in the WORLD. My house is HUGE, safe, clean, and comfortable. I have clean, cheap food and water abundantly available and my children are safe and well-fed. We have state-of-the-art medical care available 24 hours a day if we need it. I don't have to worry about watching my girls die from a common and preventable illness like pneumonia. If I want to work hard to change my life for the better, I have EVERY opportunity because I live here. I HAVE IT GOOD. I'm grateful to God, because I should be!! I have TONS to be grateful for, and the list goes on, it would take me hours to mention everything. And I'm grateful to the men and women who are overseas fighting to protect me and my family and keep America safe and free. God bless them, and God Bless America.
HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Love those pics...and very well put about the great U.S.A.

The socklady said...

What happened to the water slide from last year.

Anonymous said...

We are still in the grip of a historic drought, and still on watering restrictions. If we get caught using the water slide, we will get a ticket. And we have a neighbor who *lives* for turning people in for that kind of stuff.

We've tried it without the water, but they get friction burns!

Anonymous said...

your pics are too precious....we miss you all so much... amen to all your great comments. lov you all...debi